Friday 25 May 2012

Cutting tiny nails

When I was in my last trimester, family and friends moved away from sharing childbirth experiences to caring-for-newborn tales of terror. People seemed to enjoy sharing stories of how they have accidentally hurt their bub. One common incident involves the bub's nails.

As with all baby stories, the horrific nail story was permanently drilled in my head and when the confinement Nanny said it was time to cut lil' muachi's nails, I crossed my fingers and watched her like a hawk.

I can safely say that on that day, only lil' muachi's nails came off.

After the confinement Nanny, the GOTH was lil' muachi's official nail clipper. I was quite adamant in avoiding any paths that would lead me to hurting my child. When lil' muachi started using everything as a scratching post, I finally had to step in as manicurist. 

I got to admit, I am pretty good at it. Not only would I clip her nails, I would file them down. Lil' muachi still objects with her flaying arms and hands. But as long as I keep her distracted, it's easy peasy. 

LMM Trick: Do not use the baby clippers! When your bub is still young, use the baby scissors.

LMM Baby Steps:
1) Push the tip of the finger away from the nail
2) Snip the nail with the scissors



One day, I will upgrade to the baby nail clipper. Until then, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.







3 comments:

  1. A thorough bedtime hand washing will remove most of this, but if you spot some stubborn stuff, gently use a rounded wooden toothpick or a scrubbing brush they come in cute colors and animal shapes to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the
    pictures on this blog loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
    Also see my website :: leathercoatsformen.org

    ReplyDelete