Friday 25 May 2012

Asian Magic Oil

This is one of my fav Asian invention of all times. I am referring to the Hong Eau (in Hokkien), Fong Yau (in Cantonese) or Minyak Angin (in BM). It translates to "oil wind" which makes no sense. I dont know the history behind the name. But I'm guessing the oil was traditionally meant for babies with wind in their tummies/colic.

As advanced creatures, any of the symptoms below will prompt us to whip out this magical bottle:
1) headaches
2) neckache
3) chest ache
4) mozzie bites
5) clear blocked nose
6) dizziness
7) motion sickness
8) pre purging
9) post purging
10) hangover

It is like the opium of this generation. But legal.

This item does not appear in the usual "to-buy for baby" list but for most Malaysians, it is a must have item. Heck. It is a must have even if you are not having a child.


LMM Baby Steps:
1) Tap a few drops of oil onto palm of one hand
2) Rub both palms together and place palms on bub's tummy
3) Dab or rub gently 

LMM Trick:
Lil' muachi was restless with blocked nose a few weeks back. I rubbed the oil between both hands and placed them in front of her face. Worked like a charm
Hokkien Corner: cheap cheap. Just buy. Worth every cent

Before I end this post, I feel the need to say that with everything else, please use in moderation.



No comments:

Post a Comment