Monday 11 June 2012

Flu :(

Lil' muachi had the sniffles last month. On the outside, I was the cool and collected mum. Inside, I was a total wreck. I had her temperature taken every other hour. As soon as it went up (ok so it was by one degree celsius), I rang her paediatrician. I love lil' muachi's Dr. He is a typical kid's doctor who one tends to take comfort in with their bub. 

On his advice, I bought the nasal spray.
The first time was easy as lil' muachi didnt know any better. The following sprays were impossible. 

LMM baby steps:
1) Put your bub somewhat upright and tilt her head the best you can2) Test spray to the air first3) Gently placed the nozzle to the bub's nose4) SPRAY

LMM advice: Dont worry about hurting the bub as the tip of the nozzle is made so that you do not over insert it into your bub's nose. It is definitely not easy holding the bub still. So best work in pairs. Hokkien corner: It is not too pricey. It's about RM20-30 I think. You can go for the cheapest brand if you wish as both the Dr and pharmacist said the content is the same.

The nasal spray is necessary to prevent infection. Just on that thought, I sucked it in and sprayed it up her nose.

In my attempt to make lil' muachi feel better, I also bought the cooling gel patch for her. There is a baby's version of this product.


Was a bit pointless actually. Lil' muachi has a tendency of rubbing her face on our shoulders. So the patch kept coming off. Still, it made mummy feel better that effort has been put in to ease her discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment