Monday 11 June 2012

Baby Dandruff?

I couldnt believe it when lil' muachi's head started flaking one day. I thought it was dandruff until my sister pointed out that it's this thing called "cradle cap"

Cradle cap normally happens within the first few months. You will see large, yellow or brown scales on the bub's scalp which will eventually flake. It is reported to be harmless and will go away after a few months. 

Lil' muachi unfortunately had a mild case of cradle cap. It was not suppose to be itchy but she was definitely going at her head.

LMM Advice: I used both Buds' Cradle Cap Cleansing Lotion and Johnson's Baby Oil on lil' muachi scalp.
Hokkien corner: Go with baby oil. I barely used the Bud's cradle cap cleansing lotion when lil' muachi's scalp got all better. The Buds cost almost RM40. I'm not too sure if it did soothe her scalp as she was scratching regardless.


LMM Baby Steps:
1) Dab some baby oil/cleansing lotion onto a cotton or clean fingers
2) Gently rub on scalp in circular motion
3) Wash off

It is painful looking at your bub scratching her head incessantly and not having the magical powers for instant healing. I used to rub lil' muachi's head for her in the hopes of easing her itchiness.

Just be patient and repeat the above steps, the flakes will disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment