Wednesday 1 August 2012

Silicon Shield

I used to wonder about the little thing shown in the picture. Someone gave it to me before lil' muachi came out and I remember staring at it for a very long time.  

I noticed it in one of the pharmacies one day. And as it was still in its packaging, I finally learnt what it was. 

This is a nipple shield - to be used during breastfeeding. It's made of silicon. It is flexible and soft.

I thought it was meant only for cracked nipples. But this little invention does more than that. 
1) It is also useful if you have small or inverted nipples
2) To make it easier for weak or sick babies to latch on
3) For babies used to the bottle teat (if bub started first on bottle), this helps encourage them to breastfeed

Hokkien Corner: As wonderful as this is, I would suggest not purchasing it until needed. Not everyone requires it. So wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment